- Production programs differ from released test programs?
- Paper getting lost or misplaced and e-mails getting deleted?
- No automated method to process changes?
- Collection of necessary documents for a release tedious and time consuming?
- Inconsistent communication between groups (i.e. Design, Test, QA, and Product Engineers)
- Test and production facilities off site?
Are change and data management issues adversely affecting your product quality and release cycle?
A product designed to meet the challenging and unique requirements of the manufacturing test environment by combining the elements of Change Management, Version Control, Release Management and Project Control into a single, unified system.
- Significant productivity and process improvement over current methods.
- Greater management visibility and control over process (ie. who did what, when, and why)
- Improved communication between departments and within groups.
- Uniform procedures for everyone in release cycle.
- Reduced learning time and dependency on individuals.
- A completely paperless system with a secure repository.
- Accelerating product and test development by reducing the amount of rework resulting from use of incorrect version of files (faster)
- Enabling the reuse of components and encouraging collaborative development among geographically dispersed teams (better)
- Reducing test and development costs by effective management of resources (cheaper)
Integrated Change Management and Version Control system
Change Request system
- Capability of capturing & managing any type of file
- Access control to data and changes based on "roles"
- Automated email notification triggered by events and actions
- Support of parallel development activities via "branch and merge"
- Compare process that displays differences between files in either GUI or text based output
Release Management Process
- An easy-to-use GUI interface that documents, monitors, and communicates all types of request for change
- Automated email notification to inform users about new and updated change requests
- Configurable set of "states" for change request that reflect their status (i.e open, fixed, closed)
- Uses several templates for different manufacturing environments
- A "baseline" template for documenting test program execution and functionality
- Robust report generation facility
- Provides a means to collect and "release" to a defined target
- Report mechanism that details content and related changes from previous versions
- Releases that contains specified files and directories that are delivered either via email or FTP
- Checklists that ensure all tasks that need to completed prior to a release are "signed-off"